All payments to TBAC will use the Stripe Payment Gateway. This allows both credit card and BACS Direct Debit recurring payments, so you will only need to set this up once. The club pays a small fee to Stripe for each payment, it is less for Direct Debits than Credit Cards, so this is the preferred method. The Membership year runs from the 1st April each year, as does the UKA Registration period. Full Members have the option to pay monthly, although this incurs a small surcharge, equivalent to £1 per month.
Various discount coupons are available for some items. If you join mid-year and pay annually, you should use the appropriate couple code to only pay a pre-rata rate of membership for the current year. Family membership is also managed by coupon, please see below for details.
Coupons – Joining mid-year:
JOINMAY, JOINJUN, JOINJUL, JOINAUG, JOINSEP, JOINOCT, JOINNOV, JOINDEC, JOINJAN, JOINFEB, JOINMAR
e.g. joining in September you would use the coupon code JOINSEP
Family Membership (Full Members Only, you will have included the name of the First Family Member in your annual renewal form):
- First Member pays full price – no coupon
- Next Family Member 10% discount – FAMILY1
- Subsequent Family Members 20% discount – FAMILY2
If you have ‘referred a friend’ (ot two!) for membership then you will have received a coupon code in your renewal email.
Membership year change from 1st February to the 1st April
Members who pay annually will need to include a back payment for the months of February and March. Your invoice will include these automatically. If you joined in March 2023 then you will be able to change the ‘quantity’ of the February back payment to zero. If you happen to join in April 2023 then you can zero both the February and March back payment quantities.
Second Claim Membership. This confuses people so please read this carefully
• People can be a paid-up member of more than one Athletic club
• But they need only pay for UK athletic registration once
• The club they do this through is called their first claim club
• Other clubs they belong to are known as their second claim clubs
• If TBAC is your second claim club your membership in whatever category can be £17 cheaper, as your UKA affiliation will be paid by your first claim club
So – if TBAC is your second claim club please adjust the quantity of the UKA Registration Fee to zero as you do not need to pay it twice.