This page is under construction and isn’t yet ‘official’
Team Bath AC will be a key partner in this great initiative to Get Bath Running. Get Bath Running is a a not-for-profit campaign for the local community in Bath & North East Somerset by local running event promoters and activators to promote and support available COVID-secure opportunities for running and fitness in the Bath area.
Why we are getting involved.
- Regular exercise (particularly outdoor exercise) and physical fitness will reduce your risk of catching COVID, and reduce the risk of serious outcome from COVID, whilst also supporting mental wellbeing
- We are fortunate in Bath to be surrounded by great running routes and open countryside
- Fitness levels plummeted in the UK since the first lockdown. What will our activity levels and the fitness of the nation look like in 6 months?
Get Bath Running can offer you
- Training advice : 1-1 training and remote support from local running coaches
- Beginners training programmes : Couch to 5km, Nike Run Club, Run Together
- Other on-line programmes : Realbuzz, Women’s Running, Global Triathlon Network
- Blogs, motivational tips
- Running routes : (not)parkrun, popular local routes, Strava etc. – publicise established routes, establish new routes
- Virtual running events, including England Athletics (Virtual Cross Country Challenge)
- Networking for 1-1 ‘running buddies’ – Mayathon.com, JoggingBuddy.com, SportPartner.com
- Links to campaign partners’ own social platforms
- Identifying and addressing ‘barriers’ to participation : motivation, cold/wet weather, running in dark mornings/evenings, lone running.
- Sport England Autumn & Winter campaign – Join the Movement, This Girl Can, and We Are Undefeatable